Ellis Broccoli, Chicken Casserole Recipe
Ellis is a resident that enjoys cooking. Ellis stated that he would love to be able to go home and cook his broccoli, chicken casserole, so I asked him for his recipe to give it a try myself. I obtained all the necessary ingredients that he instructed for me to get. I went home and made the recipe and it smelled so good as it baked in the oven. I peeked in the oven ever so often to ensure everything was melting together as he stated it should and after about thirty minutes in a 350 degree oven it was browned and done. I pulled it out of the oven and gave it enough time to cool and cut myself a piece. He was right his recipe was good!! I brought in the rest of the casserole to share with Ellis and other resident’s. Ellis stated “that it was good but needed to be thicker and I baked it too long”! LOL!! I was eager to take his criticism as I myself enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. Ellis stated “he would have to make the casserole himself for me”, and I said “we will make arrangements for that to happen”.
- Cook chicken breast in chicken broth and cut into bite size pieces
- Steam broccoli and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mix all together and put in baking pan
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and crushed Townhouse crackers
- Bake in 350 degree oven & enjoy!!